Why do this?
- HTML, CSS and browser technologies such as Canvas or Scalabble Vector Graphics support provide Standard ML with a way of creating Graphical User Interfaces or graphics in general.
- Easy deployment of SML applications. If PolyML and PolyChrome is installed, opening the URL (remote or local) of the application is all it takes to run it.
- Cross-platform GUIs (Although Windows is currently not tested and probably requires cygwin).
What are the limitations?
- All ML applications are currently trusted, they could potentially be harmful: we do not currently limit what SML can do on the client machine.
How does it work?
- DOM, Canvas, etc. libraries are loaded in PolyML.
- More details are provided in the documentation
PolyChrome in action
About the Project
PolyChrome was developed by Karolis Narkevicius and Lucas Dixon. We'd like to thank EPSRC Platform grant The Integration and Interaction of Multiple Mathematical Reasoning Processes", and the Edinburgh DReaM group for supporting this work. We'd also like to thank David Matthews for his input, ML wizardry, and tireless maintenance of PolyML.